Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hermit Songs @ Southwark Cathedral

This is a post in my other guise - as a pianist. I will be accompanying Eleanor Rastall (soprano) at Southwark Cathedral on Tuesday 10th October at 3.15 in a performance of Samuel Barber's beautiful Hermit Songs as well as arias by Handel and my own realisation of the 16th-century carol, Upon my Lap my Sovereign Sits. We'll also be doing a preview recital of the same material at St Magnus-the-Martyr in the City of London (just round the corner from Monument Tube) next Thursday (5th) at 1.05. These concerts are part of an ongoing recital series promoted by Concert Bites, Eleanor's own company - check out her website for more info about these concerts and other musical services that she offers: www.concertbites.co.uk

The myspace page is now set up with some tracks so do go and have a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home